When you submit a bench to the site (thanks, BTW!) we record the following information.
- Your IP address.
- The date and time of your submission.
- All the meta-data in your photo.
Including the location where the photo was taken.
It may also include details about your camera.
This data will be available to anyone who views the photos.
- If you choose to sign in with Twitter, we record your username and your Twitter ID number.
That’s it! We don’t place any cookies in your browser, or track you around the web. We don’t have advertising, we don’t know who you are – and that’s the way we like it!
3rd Party Services
If you sign in with Twitter, we cannot post message on your timeline. We can’t read your Direct Messages. We can’t see your email address. We don’t know your password.
For the automatic text detection, your browser will send your image to Google’s Cloud Vision Service.
Our maps are drawn using Mapbox.
Other people’s privacy
- Please don’t upload identifiable photos of living people without their permission.
- Avoid uploading photos of car licence plates if possible.
- Be respectful – these benches are memorials to loved ones.